Saturday, October 3, 2015

June 15, 1971 The Scratchy Throats, The Good Care and The Trace of Rain



Dear Mother,           Tuesday

"I'm sure mixed up on my days. This seems so much like Monday.

Buddy looks so good. He has a good color and certainly doesn't look sick. He looks as good as he did before he got sick. The doctor has been keeping him in bed the past week because he had a sore throat. His sinuses drain down his throat and that makes his throat sore sometimes. Mine does too but it makes my nose run so I guess I'm lucky but I know a lot of people who have scratchy throats most of the time.  He has been getting up to use the bathroom and to the table to eat but I guess the doctor isn't taking any chances so just told him to stay in bed until he tells him he can be up more. That was the trouble when Beulah talked to him, I guess, for he sure didn't talk or act sick yesterday.

We visited quite a while. He is still going to the doctor once a week. They had thought it would be extended to once every two weeks but the blood tests last Saturday weren't what the Dr. wanted so he'll still go once a week. Bessie said he wanted it thicker but I guess she meant he wanted the red blood cell count higher. That is common and that is what we all take iron for sometimes. I asked about medicine and he takes a lot but they don't seem to know what it is for except the medicine he's taking for the throat.

He sure is being pampered. I told him he was getting spoiled and Bessie started laughing. She said he'd eat and go back to bed and then she'd have to carry his pills to him instead of his taking them at the table. She seemed happy to wait on him, though. I don't think you need to worry about him at all. I think they call the doctor every time he squeaks but all he seems to need is rest and good care and he's getting that.

We are looking for Bob this morning. He's coming down for a hospital dinner tonight but said he'd drive Pat to school & then come on.

We have had only a trace of rain here. It isn't so hot today but we need the rain.

I'll be anxious to hear if your back is better. We didn't get to go after your thread for the quilt. I thought of it on the way home.

I'm going to try to sew a bit today and finish up some dresses I started last week. I'm really not in the mood but I want to get them out of the way.

Get lots of rest.  Be sure and take those pills at bedtime like the Dr. said until the back is all well.

             Love,

                 Bonnie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!