Friday, July 18, 2014

September 14, 1963 The New Kitten, The Potluck, The Apple Crisps and Not Much of a Letter



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've had a touch of cold weather again but the sun is warm so maybe it won't last.  The kids are pretty well set in school by now but B's work is real heavy right now.  I'll be glad when it evens off & we have regular hours again.

We have a new kitten--of all things.  One of Ann's friends gave it to her so we let her keep it.  It is supposed to be a Persian, but I doubt if it is.  It is cute though, & so far hasn't been as much trouble as Pretzel was.

The potluck group comes here tonight but I don't have to fix anything but coffee.  Still I've been cleaning & getting the house straightened up a bit.

Our church was open last Sunday so we went down to see it & it is coming along pretty well.  It should be ready in Oct. & I can hardly wait.  It will be lovely & my room is very nice.  The organ probably won't be in until Xmas or after for the contract says Feb., I think.  The baptistry is green tile & I told B it looked like a Japanese bath.

Ann has her organ lessons on Sat. this year & on the big organ at the Methodist Church.  It is in the next block so that will be real convenient besides getting to use the big organ.

I made two big apple crisps this week so my apples are about gone.  It takes a long time to fix them but they are sure good.


I'm so sorry about Meta.  She has had a hard life.

Right after we came home I fixed some scraps to send to Bessie for the dolls she is making but I haven't got them wrapped to mail, yet.

Bob doesn't have his new glasses yet but they never bother him.  B's still make his nose sore.  They are so heavy.

This isn't much of a letter but there doesn't seem to be much to write.  I got the stamps on upside down (the envelope, that is) but I guess I'll just have to use them for we are out of 5's.  Hope you both are fine."

                                   Lots of love,

                                        Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!