Monday, July 21, 2014

October 5, 1963 The Four Sisters, The Raw Throat, The Vacation and The Aggravating Cat



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"I'm glad you're home, Mother, but am glad you could go.  It must have been a wonderful visit for all of you.  I guess it is sort of unusual for four sister to be together.

Today is a beautiful day and the leaves are all colors.  I would love to go somewhere.  Bob has gone to Macomb, Ill. with some friends to a ball game.  Ann has an organ lesson late this afternoon so we won't do anything except the usual.  She had a dental appointment this morning and I took her to Wesleyan University to enroll in an art class so the day is pretty well filled already.

I haven't done much of anything this week except sit and blow my nose.  I feel better & sound better today but I haven't gone anywhere except to a luncheon yesterday.  My throat was so raw & then it turned into a nose cold.  I don't know how long it has been since I've had a cold.

We hope to get into our church a week from tomorrow but are almost afraid to mention it for we keep thinking every Sunday that we can go in the next one.  We are starting a special class in church history & I'm going to take it so won't be teaching for 3 months.  It is going to be like a vacation.  I do have to help with the class one Sunday but that's not much.

I have the old bowl on the buffet full of apples.  It looks so pretty.  We never did put anything on it but I've been using it just like it is.

Beulah had a birthday this week and I sent her a set of quilt blocks.  They are to cross-stitch and will be a lot of work but so pretty when they are finished.  B's mother has made two in pink and put them together with pink.  I hope she likes them but if she doesn't maybe Charlotte will.

The cat is really growing, and getting more aggravating every day.  She loves to scratch the dirt out of that plant you gave me.

Phyllis & Bob Fresen & their two children came for supper Monday night.  She is the student who worked for us so long & named her little girl, Bonnie.  She still calls us Mama & Daddy.  They brought steaks for supper, eggs, tomatoes & a half bushel of potatoes.  I'm sure they would have stayed all night if I hadn't felt so bad.  We really enjoyed their kids.  They are so cute & good.

Hope you both are real fine."

                        Lots of love,

                                Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!