Monday, April 7, 2014

September 9, 1961 The Kitchen, The Plastic, The Mess and The Africa Deal


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It's another hot day.  We have been having terribly hot, steamy weather.  It sure takes the pep out of everyone.

Our kitchen is all done but the floor and that won't take too long if I can get at it.  I'm going to take off all the plastic I can & then recoat it.  It would be nice to have new tile but the one I'd like to have is too expensive & I wouldn't want the mess now anyway.  The kitchen mess almost drove me wacky before we got it cleaned up but it really looks nice.  We are so glad we had it done.  I had plenty of paper to even re-cover some dirty places so the paper may do for another 2 or three years, now.

We are so sorry about Elaine Cowan.  You can't help but wonder why a person like that has to die when there is so much to live for.

We didn't give the Africa deal a second thought & didn't even have a twinge of disappointment about it.  If it had been Australia or Japan or a few other places I would have been sorry but I'm just not interested in going to Africa now.  This was Nigeria (west coast) & probably would be fine but not for us, now.

Ann went to a slumber party last night but hurt her toe this morning & so I had to go after her.  She caught her foot in a door & the toe is swollen & hurts but I don't think it's broken.

We have so many new students that there are to be two convocations--today & tomorrow.  I'll hardly see B for the next two weeks, I guess.  The kids go to school Wed. afternoon but we have all of their supplies ready.

I hope you both are fine & don't work too hard."

                         Lots of love,

                              Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!