Friday, April 11, 2014

October 7, 1961 The Wonderful Day, The Pie, The Book Club and The Chemicals


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"This is such a beautiful day.  It would be a good one to work in the yard but I'm too tired or lazy, one.  Bob has gone camping with 300 other Scouts for the week-end & they couldn't ask for nicer weather.  The nights get pretty cold but I opened the doors yesterday afternoon.

The Optimist Club is having its annual auction today & asked me to make a pie so I just took that to them.  B belongs to it but never gets to go to any of their meetings.  They are raising money to build a permanent ice skating rink for the park.  They have been buying plastic liners to make rinks but these don't last but a season or two.

Ann is sick with a cold again and I'm afraid I'm going to get it.  Bob had one but it never got very bad.  Now Ann has it & she is all stuffed up.  She stayed in bed almost all day yesterday & can't have her flute lesson today.

Our book club started meeting again Monday.  I joined the Book of the Month Club & have 3 new books.  When they have been read by our club you can read them if you want to.  They are Russia and The West, Japanese Inn and The White Nile.  I'm trying to read one before I have to lend it but I can't get very far.


Bob was happy with the stamps.  He doesn't have much time to work with them but still saves the different ones.  He spends every spare minute in the basement with his chemistry stuff.  You should see his laboratory.  I don't even pretend to know the chemicals but he knows what they are & what he can do with them.

I don't think Marjorie will get homesick at all.  There will be so much to see & do that she won't have time.  I think it is wonderful that she could go.

B has been to a meeting all morning and just got home.  Schools are closed all day Monday for teachers' meetings.  Maybe Ann will be over her cold by Tuesday & Bob will be rested up from the camping.

I've been trying to get hems fixed & keep buttons sewed on so I haven't done any work on my other tablecloth.  Maybe that will have to be my project next summer.

It is lunchtime so I'd better see what I can find for us to eat."

                       Lots of love,

                               Bonnie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!