Saturday, December 21, 2013

December 21, 2013 Getting Organized, Working My Sox Off, Thanking Readers and Wishing All a Very Special Christmas and New Year!

The waiting letters

 Dear Friends,

We have nearly reached the half-way point in the letters!  As you can see, I have a lot of organizing to do in order to begin the next 29 years.  I'm taking a break and so it will be a few days before we begin the 1960s.  As Bonnie would say, I've about worked my sox off!  

Thank you for reading the letters,  for your emails and comments.   May peace and joy be yours this holiday season and always. 

Best wishes,

Ann

To get into the 1959 holiday spirit:


The following piece from the December, 1959 Family Circle magazine was much beloved and read for many years at Christmas time.  I hope you enjoy it!












And finally, below is a brief look at a decade of ads and images from the popular magazines of the 1950s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVyUUm8xo4M   See you in 1960!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!