Tuesday, December 3, 2013

August 15, 1959 The Old Lady, The Sore Throats, The Calf, The Ceilings and The Permanent



Dear Mother & Daddy,

"We've just about melted the last two days.  I worked out in the yard one day and the sun was really hot.  A neighbor and I were getting some peonies from an old lady up the street and I wanted to get them planted.  The old lady has gone to an old folk's home and her house will be rented so we wanted to get the plants before people moved in.

We finally had to take the kids to the Dr. for their sore throats.  They have taken medicine all week but are o.k. now.  Bob went swimming today for the first time in more than a week.  They weren't really sick but were uncomfortable.

Bob's friend had a calf at the 4H fair so we went to that one evening.  We always try to go when Bruce parades his calf but he never wins anything.  The fair isn't much & we wouldn't even go if it wasn't for Bruce.

Ann & I went downtown yesterday morning because it was dollar day.  We didn't find any bargains but there were lots of people.

Monday I painted the ceilings in the dining room and front hall.   I hadn't intended to but we had a half gallon of ceiling paint left from the living room & it would soon ruin.  Everything looks fresh now and I'm glad I did it.

I got a permanent one day too.  It is cut real short & curled all over my head.  The top is combed back & the sides up so I look like my hair is piled on top of my head.


Yesterday was Sorensen's wedding anniversary so they invited us out for dinner.  We had such a good time but I drank coffee & stayed awake most of the night.  Now I'm so sleepy I can't stay awake so I think I'll go to bed.

Hope you both are fine."

                       Lots of love,

                              Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!