Sunday, September 16, 2012

March 1, 1952 Snow and Mud, Raging Flu, Glamorene and It Must Be the Teeth


Dear Mother & Daddy,

"It looks like Christmas outside with a big snow on and it is real cold.  It seems like it just can't stay warm but long enough to melt snow and make mud.

I hope Daddy is all right again and that you haven't taken the flu.  I was worried and knew something was wrong when I didn't get your letter until Monday.  So far, none of us has had it, but it is raging all over town.  Almost half the students in the university's high school were out last week.  It seems to last only a day or two but goes through whole families.  The doctors say there is nothing they can do for it.  We just hope none of us in the house will get it. 

Aren't you a smartie to have new Venetian shades for the house?  Do you have them for the whole house?  This house needs new shades terribly but it would cost too much to get Venetian blinds.

Have you been reading about the new rug cleaner, "Glamorene"?  I bought a half-gallon (2.29) and used all of it to clean two rugs.   It really worked and my rugs are lots cleaner than they were when we had them cleaned at the rug company last spring for 5.00 each.  I don't think I'll send them anymore but buy this stuff by the gallon and clean them myself.  It wouldn't take so much next time.  They are so light and were so grimy.

Ann's teeth still aren't thru but we are sure that's her trouble even if we can't see or feel the teeth.  She has all the symptoms. 

B enjoyed his St. Louis trip and got home about 3:00 A.M.

Hope you both are fine once more."

                  Lots of love,

                      Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!